OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC
I love asparagus as they are not only healthy and nutritious but delicious too. Believe it or not, you can make loads of delicious recipes (including family-friendly recipes) with this great vegetable. Furthermore, this is an easy recipe made with just a few ingredients and with a quick preparation time.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SEASONING
This absolutely delicious recipe is simple and with just a few ingredients. However, if you want to make some variations to this oven-roasted asparagus with garlic here you can get more seasoning ingredients ideas that you can try. Furthermore, if you don’t want to use minced garlic, you can also use garlic paste.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Lemon slices.
- Fresh parsley.
- Garlic powder.
- Avocado oil.
- Kosher salt.
- White pepper.
I love roast vegetables and no doubt this is a great recipe for asparagus lovers. When I made this recipe I roast them straight away and I added the olive oil with the minced garlic and seasoning. However, before placing them on a large baking sheet and roasting them in the oven, you can slightly cook them for a few minutes in a steamer or even boil them. This step is optional, but you can do it if you want a more tender end result.
USING ROAST ASPARAGUS AS AN INGREDIENT
This is a very versatile dish: for example, you can have it as a side dish, starter, and even as an ingredient for other recipes. Therefore, you can make this recipe and then use it as part of other dishes. As I told you before, you will be surprised about the wide range of recipe dishes you can make with this recipe. In addition to the ones mentioned in the following list, if you have any suggestions please let us know and we will add them to this list.
- Pasta dishes: for example cold pasta dishes and cannelloni filling.
- With avocado on toast.
- Dips, or cream recipes.
- Wraps fillings.
- Pizza topping.
- Sandwich filling.
- Vegan omelet.
MAIN COURSE IDEAS TO SERVE WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS
Even though you can enjoy this oven-roasted asparagus recipe with minced garlic as a starter dish, this is also a great dish to serve together with a main course. Moreover, as a quick and easy recipe, this is a great recipe to make during the holiday season or festivities (such as Christmas, New Year, Easter, etc), as it won’t require loads of time to make. So, if you are looking for some inspiration, here you will find delicious recipes that go well with this dish.
- Vegan burgers: for example chickpea burgers.
- Potato gateau.
- Mash pie; such as sausage and mash pie, butternut squash & lentil shepherd’s pie, tofu shepherd’s pie, and vegan shepherd’s pie.
- Vegan stroganoff.
THIS ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this delicious side dish together with vegan parmesan cheese.
- 300 gr. of Fresh Asparagus.
- 6 Raw garlic cloves.
- 2 Tbsp. of Extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 Tsp. of Onion powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- A pinch of fresh ground black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 400 F.
- Wash and then trim asparagus spears (tough ends), you can use a knife to do so, but you don't a vegetable peeler.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet (single layer), I used an oven-glass baking dish (additionally, you can place parchment paper on the baking sheets, but that's optional).
- Peel the fresh garlic cloves and chop them.
- Place the minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Then, pour the olive oil or oil of your choice, salt, fresh ground black pepper, and onion powder (toss asparagus).
- Pour the garlic mixture on your thin asparagus (spread well).
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and cook asparagus with garlic for around 20 minutes*.
- Once you have baked asparagus with garlic to your taste serve hot. So, for better results serve immediately.
- If you have leftovers, then place asparagus in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
*Roasting time when cooking asparagus can vary depending on the oven you use to roast the asparagus with garlic, I used an electric fan-assisted oven. Also, it will depend on how tender or crunchy you want your roasted asparagus recipe to be.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 85Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 2g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.