TOFU SHEPHERD’S PIE
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with Tomato, mushrooms, and avocado salad.
Tofu Shepherd's pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
GRATIN: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Meat-free alternative to enjoy a vegan shepherd's pie. This recipe with tofu is easy and simple to make. Also, is super hearty, warm, and, satisfying!
- 4 Medium potatoes.
- 1 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 100 ml. of Plant-based milk.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- ¼ Tsp. of Ground nutmeg.
- 300 gr. of Firm tofu.
- 1 Onion.
- 1 Large carrot.
- 100 gr. of Frozen garden peas.
- 150 ml. of Can coconut milk.
- 1 Tbsp. of Soy sauce*.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- ½ Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- ½ Tsp. of Parsley.
- Wash, peel, and dice the potatoes. Cook them in a steamer for around 20 minutes (you can boil them too).
- Once the potatoes are well cooked and soft, drain any excess water and place them in a bowl. Then, begin to mash the potatoes until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour 100 ml. of milk and mix well.
- Season to taste with: olive oil, Himalayan salt, ground nutmeg and mix well.
- Peel and dice the onions and carrots. Cook them in a saucepan with the green peas and the vegetable broth.
- Once the vegetable is cooked and soft, diced the tofu and add them to the saucepan.
- Pour the coconut milk and season to taste with: Himalayan salt, garlic powder, parsley, and soy sauce. Mix well and cook for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
- Once the filling is cooked to taste pour it into a glass oven dish, spread evenly.
- Pour the mashed potatoes on top, starting from the edges to the center. Spread well with a tablespoon and decorate with a fork.
- Place your Tofu shepherd's pie in the center of the oven and gratin for 20 minutes.
*If you want a gluten-free recipe, check the label of your soy sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 251Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 1mgSodium 209mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 10g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
HOMEMADE GARLIC POWDER
How to make homemade garlic powder? Here you can find an easy and simple to make using an oven. Enjoy this aromatic garlic powder in soups, stews, sauces, etc.
MARBLE CAKE GLUTEN FREE
This vegan marble cake is healthy, easy & simple to make. Dairy & gluten-free marble cake is soft, moist & has an amazing mix of chocolate & orange flavors.
POTATO IN TOMATO & SPINACH SAUCE
Delicious, comforting, warm, and filling potato recipe ideal as a side dish. This healthy and nutritious vegan recipe is also oil and gluten-free.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH ONIONS
Butternut squash with onions, garlic, olive oil & herbs is super easy and simple to make. Enjoy this delicious vegan recipe as a side dish or as a starter too!