VEGAN CHICKPEA SANDWICH
CHICKPEA SANDWICH SEASONING
This super easy and quick-to-make vegan chickpea sandwich is a white canvas to add all the flavors you like. You can try other seasoning ingredients to personalize it and see which one you prefer the most. For example, if you want to make this recipe more spice you can sprinkle chili flakes or curry powder.
- Smoked paprika.
- Mustard of your choice.
- Nutritional yeast.
CHICKPEA SANDWICH FILLINGS
Although this is a super quick and simple recipe, is delicious and satisfying! Furthermore, as I mentioned before this is a white canvas, with this smashed chickpeas salad sandwich you can be creative and try other ingredients you love. Also, if you want to add more flavors or ingredients to create the best vegan chickpea sandwich recipe, check the ingredients list below (which are also gluten-free) to find more inspiration to make this recipe unique:
- Sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Green olives.
- Black olives.
- Chopped red onions.
- Wild rockets.
- Seeds: pumpkin, sunflower, and flax seeds.
Moreover, you can also use this mashed chickpea recipe as a spread on other delicious food, such as toasts, pita bread, and wraps, not just sandwiches! Additionally, you can also enjoy this delicious recipe as a quick snack, for breakfast, or even take it with you in a lunchbox; for example for work or school.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this delicious vegan sandwich together with Black olive paté.
Chickpea No Tuna sandwich
This is a super simple and easy-to-make vegan sandwich with just a few ingredients. Also is a great vegan sandwich recipe for lunch, snacks, or even breakfast!
- 10 Slices of Bread of your choice.
- 1 Tin/Can of Chickpeas (400gr.).
- 3 Tbsp. of Vegan mayo.
- A Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- A Pinch of Black pepper (optional).
- 10 Leaves of Lettuce.
- Toast your bread slices to your taste and place them on a chopping board.
- Drain the chickpea tin/can (you can save this aquafava in the fridge to prepare other recipes). Rinse them well and place them in a bowl.
- With the help of a fork prepare a chunky chickpea mash and add the vegan mayo*. Mix well.
- Season to taste with: salt, pepper and mix well. Also at this point, you can add other ingredients from the list above.
- Wash and rinse the lettuce. Cut the lettuce in big chunks.
- Place the lettuce on top of 5 bread slices. Then pour the chickpea mixture and spread it evenly. Add more toppings if you prefer.
- If you want to eat less bread you can have this recipe with just one bread slice, as a canapé or as an appetizer. Place the other bread slice on top if you want to eat a sandwich.
*I add 3 tbsp of vegan mayo, but you can add more if you want a more fluid consistency.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 481mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 10g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
OTHER RECIPES WITH CHICKPEAS
- Potato salad (also known as Russian potato salad).
- Chickpea curry with avocado.