ROASTED BABY POTATOES WITH GARLIC
This is a delicious recipe for roasted mini potatoes or baby potatoes with the great flavor of fresh chopped garlic and olive oil. This side dish recipe is super easy to prepare and also is an affordable recipe that will fill you up too! With just a few easy-to-find ingredients, you can make this comforting vegan dish that you can enjoy together with a fresh salad which they pair perfectly.
So, if you are wondering What to do with baby potatoes? This is a delicious recipe for roasted mini potatoes or baby potatoes with the great flavor of fresh chopped garlic and aromatic parsley. This side dish recipe is super easy to prepare, also is an affordable recipe, and gluten-free. With just a few simple and delicious ingredients, you can make this comforting vegan dish with so much flavor. You now have a great recipe that can be a perfect side dish for any occasion; such as a lovely family dinner.
HOW TO COOK BITE-SIZE POTATOES?
There are a few different ways to cook these roasted baby potatoes. Firstly, the option I choose for this recipe was to first boil the potatoes for around 10 minutes and then bake them in the oven at 200 °C degrees (392 °F approx.) for 40 minutes. Secondly, you can use a steamer to cook them for around 15 minutes instead of boiling the potatoes and then continue with roasting in the oven for another 40 minutes. Lastly, you can avoid boiling or steaming the potatoes and just cook them in the oven. In this case, the time to cook in the oven will increase, so the total time could be around 60 minutes.
The cooking times given here are estimates as I use an electric fan-assisted oven. If you use a different type of oven, such as gas instead of an electric one cooking and baking times can vary. Therefore, it is important to make sure you are aware of this as you might not want burned or uncooked potatoes.
Finally, if you want your baked potatoes to be more cooked and crispy, you can cook them in the upper part of the oven. You can do this in the last 10 minutes of cooking when the potatoes are already tender and cooked inside.
When roasting potatoes, I always use a glass dish (oven-proof). However, you can use another oven tray that you normally use at home. In addition to this, as I used olive oil to cook this potato recipe, you won’t need to use a baking sheet/non-stick baking paper or aluminum foil.
BEST SPICES FOR POTATOES
In order to season these yummy roasted baby potatoes, you can just simply add the seasoning used in this recipe. However, you can sprinkle salt and pepper or even also include more spices or herbs; such as fresh or dried. Furthermore, you can add vegan sauces or salsas on top when serving this side dish.
ROASTED POTATOES SPICES & HERBS IDEAS
- Garlic and onion powder.
- Pepper; for example, white or black.
Additionally, you can sprinkle some homemade vegan parmesan cheese on top when serving this delicious side dish.
TIPS WHEN COOKING POTATOES
- Make sure you don’t use any potato that has a green color.
- Wash and clean them well to remove any dirt or soil on the potato skin.
- Remove any sprouts or area that is damaged or is not in good condition.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with vegan gravy sauce.
- 1.5 kg. of Baby potatoes.
- 5 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground nutmeg.
- 6 Garlic cloves.
- 1 Tbsp. of Chopped fresh parsley.
- ½ Teaspoon of Himalayan salt.
- Wash well and scrubbed the baby or mini potatoes.
- Boil them in water for around 10 minutes.
- While you are boiling the potatoes, preheat the oven to 200 °C degrees (392 °F approx.).
- Drain the baby potatoes and place them in a glass oven-proof tray.
- I cut in half some of the baby potatoes and left the rest whole. That's optional, you can choose if you want to cut the potatoes or not.
- In a small bowl pour 5 tbsp. of olive oil, 1 tsp. of garlic powder, 1 tsp. of ground nutmeg*, and chopped garlic cloves. Then stir well.
- Pour the olive oil and spices mix on top of the baby potatoes.
- Bake the mini potatoes for 20 minutes, then remove them from the oven and turn if necessary.
- Cook the baby potatoes for another 20 minutes**.
- Once your roasted potatoes are cooked to golden brown or to your taste serve them. Then, sprinkle Himalayan o sea salt and chopped fresh parsley on top.
*If you prefer, you can sprinkle the garlic powder and ground nutmeg instead of mixing it with the olive oil.
**Cooking times can vary depending on the oven you are using.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 478Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mgSodium 233mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 9gSugar 5gProtein 10g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.