MARBLE CAKE GLUTEN FREE
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with jam; such as blackberry jam.
- 2 Cups of Gluten-free self-raising flour.
- 1 Cup of Sugar.
- 1 Pinch of Salt.
- 1 Cup of Plant-based milk.
- ¼ Cup of Flavourless oil.
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla extract.
- 2 Medium size oranges (preferable organic).
- 3 Tbsp. of Cocoa powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
- In a bowl sieve the flour (if you don’t want/have gluten-free flour, you can use the same quantity of regular self-raising flour).
- Add the sugar, and a pinch of salt and mix.
- Pour the milk, oil, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Wash really well the oranges and dry them, then grate them. Add them to the mix and integrate them well.
- Pour 2/3 of the mix into a tin with grease-proof or non-stick baking paper.
- With the remaining mix add 3 table spoon of cocoa powder and integrate well.
- Pour the mix on top forming a circle, then with a knife make lines from the centre to the border of the tin.
- Place the cake in the centre of the oven and don’t open the oven for the first 10 to 15 minutes as it could affect the cooking and not raise properly.
- To check if the cake is cooked, stick a cake tester, skewer or a knife in the middle of the cake. If the knife comes out clean, that means the cake is ready.
If you don’t have baking non-stick paper, you can pour 1 teaspoon of flavorless oil on the tin and spread. Then 1 tablespoon of flour and spread well.
Cooking time can vary depending on the oven you have.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 3mgSodium 539mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 3gSugar 39gProtein 6g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.