THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with Tomatoes, olives, and gherkins salad.
- 3 Large potatoes.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 3 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 3 Tbsp. of Cornstarch or flour.
- 250 ml. of Plant-based milk.
- 2 Frozen spinach*.
- ½ Tsp. of Ground nutmeg.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan salt.
Assemble & baking
- 2 Tbsp. of Vegan butter or olive oil.
- 1 Pinch of Himalyan salt.
- Clean well the potatoes and cook them in boiling water for around 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are getting cooked, peel and diced the garlic cloves. Cook them in a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil for around 2 minutes.
- Then, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 3 tbsp of cornstarch (for a gluten-free option) or flour. Mix well.
- Pour 250 ml of plant-based milk of your choice. Keep stirring until you get a thicker and more homogeneous consistency.
- Add the frozen spinach and cook until then blend with the bechamel sauce. You can replace the frozen spinach with fresh chopped spinach.
- Season to taste with: ground nutmeg and Himalayan salt.
Assemble & baking
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
- Cut the potatoes in half and place them in a glass oven dishware.
- With a fork scrape, the inner part of the potato spread some vegan butter or olive oil (optional), and sprinkle Himalayan salt.
- Pour the spinach sauce on top of each potato.
- Place your jacket potatoes in the center of the oven and gratin for around 15 to 20 minutes.
* You can also use fresh spinach too.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 757Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 7mgSodium 307mgCarbohydrates 110gFiber 10gSugar 8gProtein 17g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.