VEGAN GRAVY SAUCE
VEGAN GRAVY INGREDIENTS
This delicious vegan gravy is oil-free and gluten-free too. But if you like you can play with these lovely ingredients and change them. For example, you can cook onion, garlic, and mushrooms with oil; such as olive oil, or coconut oil, or why not use vegan butter too?
Also, you can add more flavor to your vegan gravy. Here, you will find more ideas to season this yummy recipe:
- Curry powder.
- Smoked paprika.
- Soy sauce.
- Nutritional yeast.
- Wine of your choice.
- Vegetable broth.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with mashed vegetables; such as Mashed potatoes with broccoli.
Vegan gravy sauce
This vegan gravy recipe is made with mushrooms and coconut milk/cream. It's very simple and delicious, ideal for dressing vegetables and mashed potatoes.
- 1 Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 1 or 2 Tbsp. of Water.
- 100 gr. of Mushrooms.
- ½ Tbsp. of Vegetable vegan Bouillon powder.
- 250 ml. of Can coconut milk/cream.
- 1 Tbsp. of Tomato puree.
- 1 Tsp. of Cornstarch flour.
- 30 ml. of Water.
- ¼ Tbsp. of Mustard of your choice.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- ½ Tsp. of Dried parsley.
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic clove. Cook them in a frying pan with salt and 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
- Clean and cut the mushrooms. Add them to the pan, together with the onion and garlic. Mix well and cook until soft.
- Add ½ tbsp of vegetable vegan Bouillon powder, 1 tbsp of tomato puree, and pour 250 ml of Can coconut milk/cream. Stir well.
- With a food processor, blend the ingredients until you get a homogeneous sauce.
- Season to taste with: ¼ tsp of mustard of your choice, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- If you like a thicker consistency, you can mix 1 tsp of cornstarch in 30 ml. of water. Pour this mix in the gravy sauce, stir well and cook for 5 more minutes.
This is an oil-free recipe, but if you like you can saute in olive oil (or oil of your choice) the onion and garlic clove.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 284Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 9mgSodium 276mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 6g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
2 thoughts on “VEGAN GRAVY SAUCE”
Thanks a lot for this receipe, I dit my first gravy sauce thanks to it! I was surprised to see coconut milk in it, but surprisingly, we do not really feel its taste
You are welcome! Glad that you like it! Coconut milk is great to replace cream, just be careful as you can get a stronger coconut taste with some brands. All the best!