VEGAN CREAM CHEESE
This spreadable vegan cream cheese is simple and quick to make with just a few ingredients. Furthermore, this non-dairy cream cheese (and soy free) is a great alternative for vegans and people with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance. Therefore, if you want to avoid or you cannot eat dairy cream cheese this cream cheese alternative can be a good recipe for you.
By the way, even though this is a really tasty vegan cream cheese, it won’t taste like any regular cream cheese or the actual cream cheese; such as a Philadelphia cream cheese. Therefore, keep in mind this for your taste buds when trying alternative vegan cream cheese.
SEASONING & FLAVORING FOR VEGAN CREAM CHEESE
This delicious and plain dairy-free cream cheese (natural flavor) is like a white canvas where you can add more great seasonings and the cheesy flavor of the nutritional yeast. So, if you are looking for inspiration on what to add to this recipe and make the best vegan cream cheese check the following list.
- Black pepper and white pepper.
- Green onions/spring onions.
- Chilli flakes.
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN CREAM CHEESE
Although the main ingredient for this dairy-free cream cheese is sunflower seeds, you can add other creamy and delicious ingredients to this recipe; for example, you can use soaked cashews too (see cashew cream cheese recipe).
If you want to add other ingredients to this vegan cream cheese, bear in mind that depending on which one you want to use they can change the texture and the flavor of your homemade vegan cream cheese.
- Canned coconut milk (full fat).
- Organic coconut oil.
- Organic coconut cream.
- Olive oil.
- Organic butter beans.
- Potato starch.
- Coconut yogurt.
- Almond milk.
- Tapioca starch.
Indeed, this dairy-free cream cheese is really versatile and you can use it not only as a dip but also as a spread vegan cream cheese. Furthermore, you can add more flavor to this recipe by including tasty toppings.
In order to use this lovely recipe as a dip you can use many options, including healthy and gluten-free ones; such as celery sticks, carrots, asparagus, pasta chips, breadsticks, red pepper sticks, etc.
However, if you are thinking of this vegan cream cheese to use as a spread cheese, you need a butter knife; for example, you can enjoy it on toasts such as savory French toasts, wraps, sandwiches, pizza, rice cakes, savory cookies, canapes, freshly toasted bagel, and many more!
Lastly, you can add some toppings to this dairy-free cream cheese; such as chopped onions (for example red onions), garlic, curry, fresh herbs,
THIS HOMEMADE VEGAN CREAM CHEESE RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this delicious and easy-to-make vegan cream cheese recipe with tortilla chips.
- 150 gr. of Sunflower seeds.
- 120 ml. of Dairy-free milk.
- 2 Tbsp. of Nutritional yeast.
- 1 Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- 1 Tsp. of Onion powder.
- ½ Tsp. of Himalayan salts.
- 1 Tsp. of Apple cyder vinegar.
- 1 Tsp. of Fresh lemon juice.
- A handful of fresh chopped parsley.
- Place the sunflower seeds in a ceramic bowl (try to avoid plastic ones) and pour boiling water. Let the sunflower seeds soak for around 20 minutes.
- Drain the seeds and place them in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Pour dairy-free milk (I used oat milk) nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Blend all the ingredients in the food processor to your liking. On this occasion, I wanted a more rustic cream cheese with a rich texture, but you can blend the ingredients more for a creamy or silky texture. Then do a taste test and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Pour your dairy-free cream cheese into a bowl and sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley.
- If you are going to consume this lovely vegan cream cheese later, place it in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated until consumption.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 3mgSodium 2473mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 11g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.