RECIPE FOR PASTA CHIPS
PASTA CHIPS SEASONING
For the purpose to make these savory vegan pasta chips, I used some classic Italian seasoning, for example, olive oil and dried parsley. In addition to these delicious and aromatic ingredients, you can also add more dried or fresh chopped herbs, such as oregano or sage. However, if you want to prepare this snack as more spicy and hot you can try adding: chili flakes and curry powder, like masala curry.
For other classic seasoning ideas that go really well together, check the next list:
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
- Italian seasoning.
- Nutritional yeast for a cheese-like flavor.
Alternatively, if you want to prepare this snack recipe oil-free, you can replace the olive oil with other ingredients, such as maple syrup or agave. As a result, you will have a bittersweet snack.
PASTA TYPES FOR PASTA CHIPS
In order to prepare these pasta crips, I used bow tie dried pasta. However, you can try this vegan recipe with other types of dried pasta. Also, if you want to make this snack gluten-free, you can use gluten-free pasta such as lentil pasta (check package instructions for cooking times). For other types of dried pasta check the following list:
- Fusilli and mini fusilli.
- Fiocchi rigati.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
Furthermore, try this recipe with these yummy vegan dips:
- 150 gr. of Farfalle dried pasta.
- 900 ml. of Water.
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 2 Pinchs of Himalayan salt.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- 1 Tsp. of Paprika.
- 2 Tsp. of Parsley.
- Put to boil 900 ml of water in a cooking pot and add a pinch of salt (it can be sea or Himalayan salt).
- Cook your bow tie pasta for around 10 minutes. It doesn't have to be fully cooked*.
- Stir well when you add the pasta in the boiling water, to prevent the pasta to stick together.
- While the pasta is getting cooked, pre-heat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.)
- Once 10 minutes of cooking the pasta are gone, drain the pasta and place it in a bowl.
- Pour 2 tbsp. of olive oil (or maple syrup for oil-free option) and mix well carefully.
- Season with a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, 2 tsp. of parsley and 1 tsp. of paprika. Mix well.
- Place your pasta in an oven tray with grease-proof / non-stick baking paper. Make sure the pasta is spread well.
- Then, place the tray in the center of the oven and cook for around 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes check the pasta crips are cooked to your taste, let them cool down for a couple of minutes, and enjoy this recipe with a yummy vegan dip!
*If you use gluten-free pasta, cook the pasta fully.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 226Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 79mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 5g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.