DRIED ORANGE SLICES IN OVEN
WHAT SPICES GO WELL WITH CITRUS?
Although this is a super simple and easy recipe for dried oranges you can prepare this vegan recipe using other citrus fruits such as blood oranges, lemon, lime, and grapefruit. Likewise, you can add more aromas and flavors to this classic recipe. Some of these aromatics spices are a great combination with oranges, for example, cinnamon.
Check the following list for more ideas:
WHAT TO DO WITH DRIED ORANGE?
Dried orange or other dried citrus fruit is super versatile, aromatic, and decorative. For instance, you can use them with food, drinks and decorate your house during the festive and winter season. Furthermore, here you will find ideas where you can use this lovely dried orange.
Add them to:
- Mulled wine.
- Cocktail drinks.
- Soft drinks.
- Warm or Ice tea.
- Hot chocolate.
DECORATIONS & DIY:
- Christmas garland.
- Christmas tree ornaments.
- Autumn /winter and christmas wreath.
- Add them to potpourri.
- Cake and dessert decoration.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Furthermore, this dried oranges are great to decorate this yummy orange cookies.
- 1 Medium orange.
- Preheat the oven to 100 °C degrees (212 °F approx.).
- Wash and dry the orange, then slice the orange about 5mm or less.
- I placed the orange slices on a cooking mesh. You can place them on a baking tray with a cooking liner/grease-proof or non-stick baking paper.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven and leave the oven door open (around 1cm).
- Cook for around 1hr and 30 minutes or until they get dried and crispy*.
- Once are dried to your taste let them cool down and you can store them in a glass container with a lid.
*Cooking times can vary depending on your oven. I used an electric fan-assisted oven.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 69Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.