THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with vegan cream cheese.
- 1 Cup of Basmati rice.
- 2 Cups of Water.
- 1 Large onion.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1 Tsp. of Ginger paste (I used frozen).
- 4 Tbsp. of Extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 Can of Chopped tomatoes.
- 1 Tsp. of Tumeric.
- 1 Tsp. of Gram masala powder.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 150 ml. of Can coconut milk.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas or Kala chana (400gr.).
- 60 gr. of Cashew nuts.
- 10gr. of Fresh spinach for garnish.
- Wash the Basmati rice under running cold water until water runs clear. Also, you can rinse the rice around 3 or 4 times. Soak the rice for around 20 minutes (if you have time to spare or prepare this part in advance, the longer you soak the rice the better).
- After 20 minutes, cook the rice with 2 cups of water.
- Peel and dice the onion, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until translucent or tender.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Season to taste with: masala curry, turmeric, and Himalayan salt.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes (you can use fresh chopped tomatoes too) and mix well.
- Once it's cooked to your taste, blend the sauce to get a smooth texture. Then add the coconut milk, chickpeas, mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, add the cashew nuts (you can leave some for decoration/serving).
- Serve the rice on the plates and pour the masala sauce on top.
- Decorate with spinach leaves and cashew nuts.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 992Total Fat 68gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 43gCholesterol 0mgSodium 415mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 14gSugar 14gProtein 21g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
A healthy green salad is full of flavors & nutrients. Super easy & quick to prepare with fresh & raw ingredients, season it with a delicious & simple dressing.