CHICKPEA CURRY WITH AVOCADO
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with a fresh Super green salad.
- 1 Cup of Basmati rice.
- 2 Cups of Water.
- 2 Onions.
- 3 Garlic cloves.
- 3 Medium mushrooms.
- ½ Celery stick (with leaves).
- 1 Tomato.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas.
- 3 Tbps. of Olive oil.
- 100 ml Plant-based milk (I used oats milk).
- ½ Tsp. of Paprika.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- ½ Tsp. of Caral curry.
- ½ Tsp. of Tikka curry.
- ½ Tsp. of Masala curry.
- ½ Tsp. of Ginger powder.
- ½ Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- 1 small avocado.
- Wash the Basmati rice under running cold water until water runs clear. Also, you can rinse the rice around 3 or 4 times. Soak the rice for around 20 minutes (if you have time to spare or prepare this part in advance, the longer you soak the better).
- Then, in a pot cook the rice with 2 cups of water.
- Peel and dice the onions and garlic cloves. Cook them in a saucepan with olive oil and salt.
- Clean and diced the: mushrooms, tomato, and celery. Cook them with the onions and mix well.
- Then add the chickpeas and pour the plant-based milk or coconut cream if you wish. Mix well and at medium heat and stir from time to time.
- Once the curry is up to your taste. place it on a plate with the rice.
- Lastly, cut the avocado in slices and place it on top of the curry.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 799Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 35gCholesterol 42mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 17gSugar 15gProtein 30g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.