POTATO AND SPINACH CURRY
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with a fresh super green salad.
Potato and Spinach Curry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
STEAMER: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Super easy and simple to make potato and spinach curry. This lightly spiced vegan curry is rich, creamy with easy and simple ingredients, plus budget-friendly!
- 1 Cup of Basmati rice.
- 2 Cups of Water.
- 4 Large potatoes.
- 2 Frozen spinach*.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1 Tsp. of Ginger puree.
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 1 Tsp. of Curry mix.
- 1 Tsp. of Tumeric.
- 1 Tsp. of Paprika.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 300 ml. of Can coconut milk.
- Wash the Basmati rice under running cold water until water runs clear. Also, you can rinse the rice around 3 or 4 times. Soak the rice for around 20 minutes (if you have time to spare or prepare this part in advance, the longer you soak the rice the better).
- After 20 minutes, cook the rice with 2 cups of water.
- Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes in big chunks. Cook them in a steamer for around 20 minutes (you can boil them too).
- Peel and diced 2 garlic cloves. Cook them in a saucepan with 1 tsp of the ginger puree, 2 bay leaves, olive oil, and salt.
- Add curry, turmeric, paprika, and black pepper. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and spinach to the curry and cook for a few minutes. Pour more olive oil if necessary.
- Pour the coconut milk and salt. Stir well and cook for around 5 minutes.
- When the curry and rice are cooked, serve on a plate. Add the rice first, then remove the bay leaves from the curry and pour it on top of the rice.
*You can also use fresh spinach.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 557Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 116mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 9gSugar 4gProtein 12g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Hearty & warm vegan lentil stew recipe full of flavor This creamy stew with coconut milk makes a great meal for cold weather, plus it is easy & budget-friendly.
Delicious, simple, gluten-free, and easy to make this vegan vanilla pudding. Made off with only 4 easy to find ingredients this rich vegan dessert is affordable too.
Delicious vegan masala, great to prepare with chickpeas or Kala chana for a protein-rich meal. Also, add fresh spinach to this flavorful Indian curry recipe.
TOMATOES, OLIVES AND GHERKINS SALAD
Made with fresh tomatoes, this salad recipe is super simple, delicious, and quick to make. You can enjoy this healthy and refreshing recipe as a side dish.Prep time: 10 minutes.