SPINACH, CHICKPEA CURRY WITH SAUSAGE
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with Super green salad.
- 1 Cup of Basmati rice.
- 2 Cups of Water.
- 2 Onions.
- 2 Spring onions.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 2 Tbps. of Olive oil.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas.
- 6 Plant-based sausage.
- 2 Frozen spinach.
- 2 Tbsp. of Tomato puree.
- ½ Tsp. of Ginger powder.
- ½ Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- 1 Tsp. of Curry powder of your choice.
- ½ Tsp. of Cumin.
- ½ Tsp. of Paprika.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 200 ml. of Can coconut milk.
- Wash the Basmati rice under running cold water until water runs clear. Also, you can rinse the rice around 3 or 4 times.
- Soak the rice for around 20 minutes (if you have time to spare or prepare this part in advance, the longer you soak the better).
- Peel and dice the onions and garlic clove. Cook them in a saucepan with olive oil and salt.
- Add: tomato puree, paprika, curry, cumin, ginger, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Cut the vegan sausages and cook them in the curry.
- Once the sausages are cooked, add chickpeas and coconut milk. Cook in medium heat and stir from time to time.
- Meanwhile, in a pot cook the rice with 2 cups of water.
- When the curry and rice are done, serve on a plate. Add the rice first and on top pour the curry.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 850Total Fat 64gSaturated Fat 26gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 83mgSodium 1246mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 9gSugar 8gProtein 28g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
This banana cake recipe is moist, healthy, really easy to make, and great when you have overripe bananas. Also, it has a great texture and is full of flavor.