THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with a super green salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Hearty and warm vegan lentil stew recipe full of flavor. This creamy stew with coconut milk makes it a great meal for cold weather, plus is easy and budget-friendly!
- 1 Onion.
- 200 gr. of Mushrooms.
- 300 ml. of Vegetable broth.
- 1 Large carrot.
- 100 gr. of Frozen peas.
- 200 gr. of Red lentils.
- 100 ml. of Can coconut milk.
- 1 Bay leaf.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- ¼ Tsp. of Ground nutmeg.
- 1 Tsp. of Parley.
- ½ Tsp. of Oregano.
- ½ Tsp. of Cumin.
- 1 Tbsp. of Nutritional yeast.
- Wash well the lentils and cook them in a pot until they begin to soften (they don't have to be fully cooked).
- Peel and dice the onion and cook it with salt in a saucepan.
- Clean and cut the mushrooms and add them to the saucepan.
- Pour 300 ml of vegetable broth and stir.
- Peel (optional) and dice the carrot. Add the carrot to the saucepan together with the frozen peas.
- Pour the red lentil in the saucepan with the remaining cooking water.
- Pour the coconut milk and season to taste with: 1 bay leaf, Himalayan salt, ground nutmeg, parsley, oregano, cumin and mix well.
- Cook the lentil stew until all the vegetables are soft or to your taste.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve on a plate and sprinkle nutritional yeast.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 222Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 515mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 10gSugar 7gProtein 12g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
CREPES WITH STRAWBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES AND BANANA
Vegan crepes recipe ideal for kids to use their imagination to decorate them! Learn how to make this lovely & fun crepe with this kids-friendly crepe recipe.
VEGAN GARLIC BREAD RECIPE
This homemade vegan garlic bread is incredibly delicious and is made of easy, simple, and affordable ingredients. Enjoy this recipe as a great side dish.
Delicious and super easy to make these vegan quesadillas. Ideal to eat at parties and family gatherings where everyone can make their own quesadilla version.
Delicious, healthy, and oil-free lentil bolognese recipe easy and simple to make. Enjoy this great vegan main dish with a fresh and nutritious green salad.