RECIPE WITH GREEN PEAS
SEASONING FOR GREEN PEAS RECIPE
Green peas are not only delicious but also really easy to cook and to add to many dishes. What is more, it will give not only a great flavor to your dishes it will also be a great source of nutrients.
Furthermore, it’s super simple to season with fresh or dried herbs, such as thyme. As a matter of fact, check further seasoning ideas on the following list.
- Smoked paprika.
- Onion powder.
- Black pepper.
- Chilli flakes.
EXTRA INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN PEAS RECIPE
To begin with, the star ingredient of this recipe is the green peas, in this occasion I used frozen ones; however, I also prepared this dish with tinned/canned green peas to speed up the cooking time and the result was really good too. If you choose to use tinned green peas, remember to rinse them well to reduce the amount of salt that they may have.
In addition to the ingredients used for this yummy side dish, you can also add other vegetables too. As a matter of fact, if you want to prepare a more succulent vegan dish, you can add more delicious veggies and tubers. If that’s the case, check the following list where you can find more ideas.
- Peppers such as: red, yellow, and green.
- Chilli peppers.
- Sweet potatoes.
- courgette / zucchini.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Moreover, enjoy this recipe together with Easy vegan fritters.
Green peas and carrot recipe
This delicious side dish with green peas and carrot is oil and gluten-free. Also, is made with simple and easy ingredients, plus is really easy to cook.
- 400 gr of Frozen green peas*
- 1 Red onion.
- 1 White onion.
- 1 Carrot.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 2 Tbsp. of Water.
- 500 ml of Passata.
- ¼ Tsp. of Sodium bicarbonate.
- 1 Tbsp. of Red wine.
- ½ Tsp. of Parsley.
- ½ Tsp. of Paprika.
- ½ Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- 2 Pinch of Himalayan or sea salt.
- Peel and dice the red, white onions and the carrot. Cook them in a cooking pot with one pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of water.
- Peel and cut the garlic cloves, add them to the pot together with the green peas. Mix well.
- Once the vegetables are soft and tender, pour 500 ml. of passata and stir well.
- Add ¼ tsp of sodium bicarbonate, 1 tbsp. of red wine and mix well.
- Season to taste with: parsley, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cook for around 5 to 10 minutes more and stir from time to time.
* I used frozen garden peas, but this recipe goes well with tinned/canned green peas. Also, if you use tin green peas it will speed up the cooking time.
Furthermore, while you are cooking the onions and carrots you can defrost the green peas or cook them in a steamer or boil them.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 7gSugar 9gProtein 6g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix