TOMATO SOUP CREAMY
SEASONING FOR TOMATO SOUP
This delicious tomato soup is a great recipe not only to enjoy during the winter months but also to try cold in the summer days. Seasoning is really important and with tomato soup, there are classic herbs that go well in addition to the delicious basil. With this in mind, check the following list for more seasoning inspiration.
- Onion powder.
- Smoked paprika.
EXTRA INGREDIENTS FOR TOMATO SOUP
The main star ingredient for this recipe is fresh tomatoes, but if you have canned tomatoes you can prepare this recipe too and the cooking time should be less as well. Moreover, if you want to add other ingredients to this yummy soup and make it spicier, you can always add some chopped jalapenos. What is more, below you can find a list with more fresh ingredients that you can add to this recipe and personalise your soup.
- Garlic cloves.
- Peppers: green, yellow, and red.
- Spring onions.
- Chilli and jalapenos.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- What is more, try this yummy recipe with a vegan chickpea sandwich.
- 1 White onion.
- 2 Tbsp. of Water
- 1 Pinch of Salt.
- 600 gr of fresh tomatoes.
- 400 ml. of Water.
- 1 Tsp. of Vegetable vegan Bouillon powder.
- 2 Tbsp. of Can coconut cream.
- 1 Tbsp. of Soy sauce.
- 1 Pinch of Garlic powder.
- 1 Pinch of Dried basil.
- Peel and dice the onion and cook for a few minutes in a cooking pot with 2 tbsp of water and a pinch of salt at medium heat.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into big pieces. I removed the seeds, but that's optional. Add the tomatoes to the cooking pot.
- Pour 400ml of water and 1 teaspoon vegetable vegan bouillon powder. Stir well and cook for around 20 minutes.
- You will see the tomato's skin coming off, I removed them from the cooking pot with a kitchen's clamps.
- Once the tomatoes are soft and tender removes the cooking pot from the stove and use a hand blender to create a cream soup.
- Pour 2 tbsp of coconut cream and season to taste with: soy sauce, garlic powder, and dried basil.
- Mix well all the ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once is cooked to your taste, serve in soup bowls and enjoy!
*You can use gluten-free soy sauce, for a gluten-free recipe.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1005mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 4gSugar 20gProtein 5g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.