RECIPE FOR GREEN PEAS SOUP
SEASONING FOR GREEN PEAS SOUP
As a matter of fact, I seasoned this soup recipe with a few classic ingredients; for example black pepper, I love how well green peas and black pepper go together. Additionally, you can add more herbs of your choice. Even more, you can spice up this lovely soup with chilies. So, if you are looking for inspiration, here you have more spices that you can add to your green peas soup.
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
- White pepper.
- Sweet paprika.
- Chilli flakes.
EXTRA INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN PEAS SOUP
In order to prepare this recipe for garden peas soup, I choose to use mushy green peas so that the cooking time will be less. As a result, I had a delicious soup to enjoy reducing the waiting time. However, if you have green peas, such as: fresh or frozen you can use them as well to prepare this recipe, just cook them all together with the onion and carrot. Moreover, if you want to add other ingredients to this creamy vegan soup, check the list below for more ideas.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Spring onions.
- Red onions.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Furthermore, you can enjoy this recipe together with Tomato, mushroom, and avocado salad.
RECIPE FOR GREEN PEAS SOUP
This green peas soup vegan is super simple and easy to make green peas soup with carrot. Delicious and warming soup ideal as a starter or a light meal.
- 1 White onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 500 ml. of Water.
- 1 Tbsp. of Vegan bouillon vegetable powder.
- 1 medium carrot.
- 1 Tin of Mushy peas (300gr.).
- 1 Pinch of Salt.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- ½ Tsp. of Smoked paprika.
- 1 Tsp. of Soy sauce*.
- Peel and dice the onion and the garlic. Cook them in a saucepan at medium heat for a few minutes with a pinch of salt**.
- Pour 500 ml. of water, add 1 tablespoon of vegan bouillon vegetable powder and stir well.
- Peel and dice the carrot and add it to the soup. Cook until soften.
- Once is cooked remove from the heat and blend with a blender (I used a hand blender).
- Place the saucepan on the heat again and add 1 can of mushy peas.
- Season to taste with: salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Cook for around 5 minutes and serve in soup bowls.
*If you want a gluten-free soup, check the label of your soy sauce.
**This is an oil-free recipe, but if you want to fry or saute the onion and garlic you can use oil or vegan butter.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 954mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 8gSugar 5gProtein 7g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.