Easy vegan fritters
Quick and easy vegan veggie fritters recipe. This egg and gluten-free recipe is ideal for young children thanks to its smooth texture. Plus, you can mix more veggies into this vegan recipe that would go unnoticed by your kids! Great result for the picky eaters!
- Hand blender/blender
- Baking dish.
- Grease-proof or non-stick baking paper
- Kitchen roll/tissue.
- 1 can Sweetcorn (326gr.).
- 1 White onion.
- 2 Medium carrots.
- ½ cup Chickpea flour (gram flour).
- ½ cup Water.
- Himalayan salt.
- Black pepper.
- Soy sauce (optional).
- Nutritional yeast (optional).
- Oil for frying**.
- Rinse and drain the sweetcorn. Pour it into a food processor and blend until you get a creamy texture. Every now and then, you may need to stop and use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- In a bowl, add ½ cup of chickpea flour or gram flour and pour ½ cup of water. With the help of a whisk mix well and check for lumps.
- Pour the sweetcorn cream to the chickpea batter and mix well.
- Peel and chop the onion. Then peel and grate the carrots. Add them to the bowl and mix well.
- Season to taste with: himalayan salt, parsley, paprika, black pepper (if you are cooking for little ones you may want to avoid this one). You can additionally season this delicious recipe with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and nutritional yeast.
- Place a cooking pan in the hob and pour some oil of your preference. To test if the oil is hot enough and ready to cook, take a small amount of fritter mix and pour it over the oil. Check for bubbles around the mixture.
- Take about 1 full tablespoon of the fritter mix and pour it over the oil.You can cook about 4 or 5 at the same time depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook each side of the fritter for about 3 minutes.
- Once cooked to your liking, place the vegetable fritters on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- If you want to cook this vegan recipe completely without oil, you can bake them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 180° C degrees (356° F approx.).
- Cut and place a layer of non-stick or greaseproof paper on a baking tray / plate.
- Take 1 full tbsp of the fritter mix and place on the baking dish and complete until full.
- Place the baking dish(s) in the oven and cook for around 20 minutes.
*The number of fritters you get can vary depending on the size you would like to make them. **If you want and oil free fritter, you can bake them in the oven in a baking dish with baking paper and cook for around 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).