EASY VEGAN FRITTERS
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with a Recipe with green peas.
- 1 Can of Sweetcorn (326gr.).
- 1 White onion.
- 2 Medium carrots.
- ½ Cup of Chickpea flour (gram flour).
- ½ Cup of Water.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan salt.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- ½ Tsp. of Paprika.
- ½ tsp. of Parsley.
- 1 Tsp. of Soy sauce (optional).
- 1 Tbsp. of Nutritional yeast (optional).
- Oil for frying**.
- Rinse and drain the sweetcorn. Pour it into a food processor and blend until you get a creamy texture. Every now and then, you may need to stop and use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- In a bowl, add ½ cup of chickpea flour or gram flour and pour ½ cup of water. With the help of a whisk mix well and check for lumps.
- Pour the sweetcorn cream into the chickpea batter and mix well.
- Peel and chop the onion. Then peel and grate the carrots. Add them to the bowl and mix well.
- Season to taste with: Himalayan salt, parsley, paprika, black pepper (if you are cooking for little ones you may want to avoid this one). You can additionally season this delicious recipe with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and nutritional yeast.
- Place a cooking pan on the hob and pour some oil of your preference. To test if the oil is hot enough and ready to cook, take a small amount of fritter mix and pour it over the oil. Check for bubbles around the mixture.
- Take about 1 full tablespoon of the fritter mix and pour it over the oil. You can cook about 4 or 5 at the same time depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook each side of the fritter for about 3 minutes.
- Once cooked to your liking, place the vegetable fritters on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- If you want to cook this vegan recipe completely without oil, you can bake them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 180° C degrees (356° F approx.).
- Cut and place a layer of non-stick or greaseproof paper on a baking tray/plate.
- Take 1 full tbsp of the fritter mix and place on the baking dish and complete until full.
- Place the baking dish(s) in the oven and cook for around 20 minutes.
*The number of fritters you get can vary depending on the size you would like to make them.
**If you want an oil-free fritter, you can bake them in the oven in a baking dish with baking paper and cook for around 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 33Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 52mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.