OVERNIGHT OATS SIMPLE
Making an overnight oats recipe is simple and easy, especially in a non-cook mode. Furthermore, this is a basic overnight oats recipe you can make the night before to enjoy a healthy breakfast the following morning. In addition, as a blank canvas, you can use many healthy and delicious flavorings and toppings.
Many overnight oats recipes are using different types of oats. Traditionally you can use rolled oats soak, but you can use other types of oats; such as raw oats, steel-cut oats, old-fashioned oats/old-fashioned rolled oats, plain old-fashioned oats, and gluten-free oats. Moreover, for a gluten-free diet make sure you check the package label and look for certified gluten-free oats.
MAKE THE OATMEAL BASE
Making overnight oats is easy and simple and is ideal if you like to make meal prep in advance and you don’t want to cook in the morning or eat warm oats. For this recipe, I used instant oats and the result was delicious, but if you want to use steel-cut oats or other types you can make overnight oats too.
- Quick oats.
- Steel-cut oats.
- Rolled oats.
For this recipe I used almond milk as I like the flavor it gives to the oats; however, you can use other plant-based milk, water, or even vegan yogurt; for example, vegan Greek yogurt.
- Soy milk.
- Oat milk.
- Cashew milk.
- Hazelnut milk.
- Coconut milk.
OVERNIGHT OATS FLAVORING
To give flavor to this basic overnight oats recipe I used vanilla extract and maple syrup. You can add other flavors to this recipe and personalize it according to your taste and preferences. Check the following list to get more ideas.
- Cocoa powder.
- Ground cinnamon.
- Desiccated coconut.
- Fresh zest, such as lemon, lime, or orange.
In addition to this, you can also use sweeteners. For this overnight oats recipe, I used one tbsp. of maple syrup, you can add more or you can use other alternatives; for example coconut sugar, agave, demerara sugar, etc.
OVERNIGHT OATS TOPPINGS
When I made this overnight oats recipe I used my favorite toppings (blueberries and strawberries); however, there are many other delicious and nutritious ingredients that you can use in this overnight so you can make an easy overnight oats recipe and enjoy it as a healthy breakfast.
- Fresh fruit; such as banana, kiwi, mango, fresh berries, blackberries, etc.
- Frozen berries; such as frozen strawberries and frozen mango.
- Dried fruit; for example, cranberries, raisins, prunes, etc.
- Nuts include whole nuts, pistachios, peanuts, hazelnuts, etc.
- Seeds; such as sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Nut butter; such as cashew butter, almond butter, peanut butter, etc.
- Others; such as chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, banana chips, apple chips, etc.
THIS OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Also, try this delicious breakfast with blackberry jam.
- ½ Cup of Instant oats.
- ½ Cup of Unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 Tbsp. of Maple syrup.
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla extract.
- 3 Strawberries.
- 10 Blueberries.
- ¼ Cup of Almond milk (optional).
- Place ½ cup of instant oats in an airtight container (I used a glass one) or a mason jar.
- Pour ½ cup of non-dairy milk/plant-based milk (I used almond milk). Mix and put a lid or plastic wrap on top.
- Place your container and refrigerate overnight*.
- Remove from the fridge the next morning, you should get a creamy texture. If you want a more fluid consistency add the ¼ cup of plant-based milk (this is optional) for this base recipe.
- Pour 1 tbsp. of maple syrup and a tsp. of vanilla extract and stir.
- Wash the blueberries and strawberries (I sliced the strawberries), then add them to the overnight oats recipe. For more ideas on other toppings and flavorings that you can add check the article.
- This almond milk overnight oats are better-eaten cold.
*Ideally you can leave this recipe in the fridge overnight; however, although is preferably overnight you can also make an overnight oats recipe in the fridge with 3hr of rest.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 10mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 6gSugar 19gProtein 7g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.