VANILLA & CHOCOLATE COOKIES
EASY COOKIE RECIPE FOR KIDS
You can enjoy preparing these yummy vegan cookies with the little ones by adding some lovely and colorful toppings. Have fun and get creative! Some ideas to include in these biscuits are:
- Glace cherries.
- Dried cranberries.
- Dried currants.
- Chopped apricots.
- Chopped dates.
- Black chocolate chips.
- Banana chips.
- Desiccated coconut.
- 75 gr. of Vegan butter or margarine.
- 100 gr. of Sugar.
- 1 Tbsp. of Flavourless oil.
- 1 Tbsp. of Apple cider vinegar.
- 1 Tbsp. of Vanilla extract.
- 150 gr. of Self raising flour.
- 1 Pinch of Salt.
- 2 Tbsp. of Cocoa powder.
- Cut the butter into pieces and put them in a bowl. Leave it out of the fridge for a few minutes, to soften it.
- Add the sugar and integrate well with the help of a fork.
- Pour the oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another bowl, sieve the flour and then add a pinch of salt.
- Add the flour little by little and integrate well.
- Divide the cookie dough in two. In one part add the cocoa powder and mix well. Then, let the cookie dough rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.) and remove the dough from the fridge.
- With a tablespoon, spread the vanilla dough on a baking tray (with grease-proof / non-stick baking paper or spread oil and flour). Make a round shape and then on top add the chocolate dough with a teaspoon.
- Repeat this last step with the rest of the cookie dough. In this step, you can leave some dough for kids to prepare their own cookies.
- Bake the cookies for around 12 to 15 minutes depending on your oven.
*We got around 20 cookies, but this will vary depending on the size of them.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 8mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.