OATS COOKIES HEALTHY
This is a great recipe idea for oatmeal cookies to prepare gluten-free cookies in a few minutes with only 3 main ingredients. Moreover, you won’t need whole wheat flour, purpose flour, wheat flour baking powder, oat flour, or even flour baking powder. This recipe is made with only quick-cooking oats to make the cookie dough. Furthermore, you have two options for making them; for example, you can use the whole oats or blend them in a food processor and get fine oat flour. This last option will add an extra step to the recipe; however, it’s definitely worth it if you like the texture.
Additionally, these healthy oatmeal cookies are great to take on a lunch box for work or school, just store them in an airtight container and enjoy them as a filling and delicious snack.
COOKIES FLAVORING IDEAS
Although these healthy oatmeal cookies are made with ripe bananas, which gives an amazing flavor to them; you can also add other seasoning ingredients that go really well with bananas and in particular with these oatmeal cookies.
Furthermore, even though the well-ripe bananas are naturally sweet and are also great to replace eggs in this recipe, you can include a sweetener if you find the dark chocolate chips too strong; such as demerara sugar. For more ideas to give other flavors to this recipe, check the list below.
- Maple syrup.
- Coconut oil.
- Pure vanilla extract.
- Lemon and/or orange zest.
- Desiccated coconut.
- Cocoa powder.
EXTRA INGREDIENTS FOR OATS COOKIES
Although this is a really simple yet delicious recipe for oatmeal cookies with just 3 easy to find ingredients, you can add more yummy ingredients too.
To get more ideas of vegan, healthy, and nutritious ingredients that also go really well with this quick and easy cookie recipe, check the list below.
- Peanut butter.
- Pecan nuts.
- Brazil nuts.
- Pumpkin seeds.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with Banana chips.
HEALTHY OATS COOKIES
Delicious healthy oatmeal cookies recipe made of only 3 ingredients. These simple, quick, and easy cookies recipe is great as a snack, breakfast, or dessert.
- 1 Large ripe banana.
- ¾ Cup of Quick cooking oats.
- 45 gr. of Dark chocolate chips*.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F degrees (180 °C approx.).
- Peel the large ripe banana and place it into a large bowl or medium bowl. Then, with the help of a fork prepare a banana mash.
- Add the 3/4 cup of quick-cooking oats into the bowl and mix well.
- Then, add the dark chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chunks) and integrate them well to get cookie dough.
- On a baking tray, cover a tray with buttered paper** place cookie dough portions of a diameter of 4cm and keep a separation of 1 to 2 cm between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes. However, if you want a more crispy texture on the sides bake the oatmeal cookies for 15 minutes as I did.
- Once your healthy oatmeal cookies are baked to your taste let them cool down at room temperature. If you wish you can use a cooling rack too.
- If you prepare this delicious recipe in advance to enjoy it later, you can store these oatmeal cookies in an airtight container.
*I didn't have much dark chocolate chips, so I mixed them with dark chocolate chunks.
**If you don't have a sheet with parchment paper, you can spread coconut oil or vegan butter and sprinkle oat flour.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 42Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.