This vegan sweetcorn soup recipe is healthy, gluten-free, and takes just 15 minutes to make! I love using tinned cream sweet corn in soups as it cuts down on preparation time and is a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, if you want to add a bit of extra protein, you could also add other ingredients; such as some cooked tinned beans or lentils. Furthermore, you can enjoy this delicious sweet corn soup together with garlic bread. Hence, if you’re looking for a quick, easy and healthy soup recipe, this one is sure to hit the spot!
SEASONINGS FOR SWEETCORN SOUP
Seasoning sweet corn soup is a quick and easy way to make a healthy meal that is both delicious and nutritious. Moreover, this recipe is also really versatile – if you want a bit more of a kick, you can add a pinch of chili powder or cayenne pepper. So, for more seasoning ideas for this delicious sweet corn soup check this list:
- Curry powder.
- White and black pepper.
- Garlic and onion powder.
- Green chili sauce.
- Chilli flakes.
- Vegetable broth.
- Nutritional Yeast.
- Soya sauce.
MORE INGREDIENTS FOR SWEETCORN SOUP
I love soups with corn and this is one of my favorites soups with the star ingredient canned sweet corn. However, you can prepare this soup with fresh or frozen corn. Cook the corn in boiling water, and once is cooked use a blender to create a creamy consistency. Don’t worry if the cream is not homogeneous.
Although this is an oil-free sweet corn soup, you can add to this vegan soup recipe vegan butter, margarine, or olive oil. And if you’re looking for a heartier soup, feel free to add in some cooked rice or quinoa. Top with fresh cilantro or parsley, and enjoy!
If you want to add vegetables, check the following list for more delicious ingredients.
- Spring onions/green onion (finely chopped).
- Green or red chili.
- Chopped garlic.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with Pasta chips.
QUICK SWEET CORN SOUP
This yummy Sweet corn Soup is super easy and quick to make with just a few ingredients. Prepare this warm vegan soup for a quick lunch or as a delicious gluten-free starter.
- 1 Tin of Cream sweet corn (404 gr.).
- 600 ml of Boiling water.
- 1 Tsp. of Vegetable vegan Bouillon powder.
- 2 Tbsp. of Water.
- 2 Tsp. of Corn starch or corn flour*.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan salt.
- 50 gr. of Vegan chicken pieces (optional).
- Pour 600 ml of water into a kettle** and bring to a boil.
- Pour the tin cream sweet corn into a saucepan. Then, pour the boiling water, and add 1 tsp. of vegetable vegan Bouillon powder and mix well.
- Place the saucepan on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Slice the vegan chicken and add them to the soup. Stir well.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp. of water and 2 tsp. of corn starch or corn flour. Mix well and pour it into the soup. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes until the soup thickens.
- Season your sweet corn soup with Himalayan salt, stir and serve warm in soup bowls. You can also serve topped this soup recipe with fresh herbs.
* If you don't have corn starch or corn flour, you can use potato starch.
**I used an electric kettle to boil the water and speed up the cooking time.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 31mgSodium 468mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 6g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.