BROCCOLI AND SWEETCORN CANNELLONI
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with a tomato, mushroom, and avocado salad.
Broccoli and sweetcorn cannelloni
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Crepes: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Creamy and super cozy broccoli and sweetcorn cannelloni. Comforting and filling recipe ideal to share with family and friends on a lovely meal.
- 1 White onion.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1 Tin of Tomatoes.
- 3 Tbsp. of Water.
- ½ Tsp. of Paprika.
- ½ Tsp. of Parsley.
- ½ Tsp. of Oregano.
- 600 ml. of Plant-based milk.
- 250 gr. of Self-raising flour.
- 1 Pinch of Salt.
- 2 Tbsp. of Sugar*.
- 2 Tbsp. of Flavourless oil.
- Coconut oil for cooking.
- 125 gr. of Frozen broccoli.
- 125 gr. of Frozen sweetcorn.
- 3 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 3 Tbsp. of Flour.
- ¼ Tsp. of Ground nutmeg.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 220 ml. of Plant-based milk.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- 50 gr. of Grated vegan cheese of your choice.
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic cloves. Cook them in a saucepan with salt (I don't use oil so I cook them with some water, around 30 ml. or 3 tbsp.).
- Once the onion and garlic cloves are softened, add the tomatoes and season to taste with: paprika, oregano, parsley, and salt.
- Stir from time to time and let the sauce reduce a little bit.
- Sieve the flour in a bowl.
- Add the salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar and integrate well.
- Pour the oil, then little by little the milk and mix well (if you get any lumps sieve all the mix or you can blend it too).
- Place a pan on the burner/ring and add some coconut oil.
- Pour the crepe mix on the pan and flip the crepe when you see that is cooked.
- Repeat this last step until you finish with the crepe mix.
- Place the broccoli and sweetcorn in a steamer and cook for 15 minutes (I use frozen, but you can use fresh produce).
- In a saucepan pour 3 spoons of olive oil with 2 chopped garlic cloves. Cook for 1 minute and then add the flour, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk (little by little) mix and integrate the white sauce. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Then season to taste with: nutmeg, Himalayan salt, and black pepper.
- Drain the broccoli and the sweetcorn, add them to the sauce and mix well. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
ASSEMBLE & BAKE
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Select a baking tray where you can fit the cannelloni. Then, spread some tomato salsa on the base.
- In a plate, place a crepe and with a help of a table, spoon pour the filling on a side and roll your crepe (the quantity of the filling may vary depending on the size of the crepe and how much you would like).
- Place your cannelloni on the baking tray and pour the rest of the tomato salsa on top.
- Sprinkle the vegan grated cheese of your choice and bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes.
*This ingredient is optional if you want to have a bitter-sweet flavor.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 651Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 17mgSodium 1058mgCarbohydrates 84gFiber 5gSugar 24gProtein 18g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Crunchy and delicious roasted brussels sprouts to enjoy not only for Christmas or on a Sunday roast, but when they are in season. Super easy and simple recipe.
GUACAMOLE SALSA WITH CURRY
This easy-to-make guacamole salsa is simple and has the punch of curry. It's a creamy vegan recipe with the crunch of red onion ideal with nachos.
Delicious & healthy broccoli soup recipe! This vegan veggie soup is super easy to make with simple-to-find ingredients. Also, this soup is dairy & gluten-free.
TOMATO BRUSCHETTA EASY RECIPE
Exquisite, simple, easy, and quick to make this delicious tomato bruschetta. Moreover, you can enjoy this recipe as a starter, for breakfast, or, as a snack.