PASTA IN VEGETABLE SOUP
Vegetable soup with pasta is one of the recipes that many of us have grown up with. It’s a classic dish from childhood and was always my favorite meal, especially in the winter. Made with simple and affordable ingredients this vegetable pasta soup is a great recipe to prepare in just one pot. Furthermore, this recipe is healthy, hearty, and great for a delicious lunch or dinner.
SEASONING FOR VEGETABLE PASTA SOUP
This delicious and hearty soup recipe is super simple to season, with just salt and pepper you will get a great flavor to enjoy during the winter months. However, if you want to add and try to use more spices to enhance the vegetables’ taste, you can include them too; for example onion and garlic powder. Furthermore, you can also garnish this yummy dish when serving this soup by sprinkling some fresh chopped herbs; such as chives.
Although this is an oil-free soup if you want you can fry the onion and garlic with olive oil (or oil of your choice) and some salt in the pot. Then add the rest of the veggies, and pasta, pour the water, tomato puree, and bouillon powder, and stir well.
To get more ideas to season this healthy, Italian, and easy-to-make soup check the list below.
- Black pepper.
- Fresh parsley.
- Fresh cilantro.
- Curry powder of your choice.
- Vegetable stock or vegetable broth.
Lastly, this kind of soup recipe is traditionally seasoned with some parmesan cheese, you can replace this ingredient with a vegan version or with nutritional yeast if you want to get a cheesy-ish flavor.
EXTRA INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETABLE SOUP
This vegetable soup recipe is super versatile and you can prepare it with the veggies that you already have at home. Furthermore, besides the fresh vegetables, you can also add to this recipe frozen vegetables too. If you want to get more ideas about what other veggies you can use, get some inspiration from the list below.
- Butternut squash.
- Green beans.
- Garden peas.
- Chopped tomatoes.
- Peppers; such as green, yellow, or red.
Additionally, this recipe was made with regular pasta, but if you want to make it gluten-free, you can replace the pasta with gluten-free pasta of your choice.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with Tomato Bruschetta.
PASTA WITH VEGETABLE SOUP
Healthy and hearty pasta with vegetable soup made of easy-to-find ingredients and affordable too. Delicious comforting vegan soup recipe great for kid lunches.
- 1.2 Litres of Water.
- 1 Tbsp. of Vegan bouillon powder.
- 2 Tbsp. of Tomato puree.
- 100 gr. of Pasta.
- 1 Onion.
- 1 Medium potato.
- 2 Medium carrots.
- 1 Celery stick.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1 Tsp. of Paprika.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan salt.
- Pour 1.2 liters of water into a pot, and add 1 tbsp. of vegan bouillon powder and pour 2 tbsp. of tomato puree. Stir well.
- Peel and dice the onion, carrots, and potato and add it to the cooking pot together with the cloves of garlic minced.
- Wash and cut the celery stick and add it to the cooking pot.
- Add the 100 gr. of pasta and stir well.
- Cook at medium heat until the pasta is al dente and the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Season with 1 tsp. of paprika and ¼ tsp. of Himalayan salt. Stir well.
- Serve hot in a soup bowl.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 110Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 528mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 4g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.