To begin with, this healthy and delicious compote has the main and star ingredient of the apple. Furthermore, the purpose to prepare this recipe is to use fruit that is well ripened and you may be thinking of discharging it. Therefore, by using this recipe you can reduce food waste and enjoy a yummy and super affordable dish. Also, this recipe is quite versatile as you can enjoy it for many occasions; such as breakfast, dessert, and together with yogurt, porridge, pancakes, and more.
COMPOTE FLAVORING IDEAS
Although this recipe only has 3 ingredients: apple, water, and demerara sugar, you can always add more ingredients to enhance the unique flavor of the compote. So, if you are looking for more ideas check the following list to inspire you.
- Star anise.
- Maple syrup.
- Fresh zest, such as lemon, lime, or orange.
- Lemon or orange juice.
APPLES AND FRUIT FOR COMPOTE
Traditionally, to prepare a compote, you may use well-ripened fruit such as green or red apples. Also, if you want you don’t have to peel the apples, that’s optional. Moreover, you can prepare this delicious dish with other fruits besides the apples, such as:
Additionally, you can mix fruit when you are cooking this recipe, for example, apples and pears. Furthermore, once your compote is cooked to your taste you can add other ingredients, such as:
- Dried currants.
- Desiccated coconut.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with a Yogurt breakfast bowl.
Super easy and simple to make apple compote with ripened apples. This recipe is ideal to reduce food waste and only has 3 ingredients.
- 3 Apples.
- 450 ml. of Water.
- 2 Tbsp. of Demerara sugar*.
- Wash and peel the apples.
- Cut them in chunks of around 1 or 2 cm.
- Pour 450 ml. of water into a saucepan and add 2 tbsp. of demerara sugar. Stir well with a spoon.
- Then add the apples and stir.
- Place the saucepan on the hob and cook the apples at medium heat for around 20 to 25 minutes or until they get soft.
- When the apples are cooked to your taste let them cool down.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy it as a dessert or use it as a topping for pancakes.
*The use of sugar is optional.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 12mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 7gSugar 41gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.