THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this lovely recipe with tomato, mushroom, and avocado salad.
- 4 Medium potatoes.
- 2 Onions.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 100 gr. of Mushrooms.
- 3 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 3 Tbsp. of Cornstarch flour.
- 300 ml. of Plant based milk.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- ½ Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
Assemble & Bake
- 50 gr. of Grated vegan cheese of your choice.
- Wash, peel and cut the potato into thin slices (around 5 mm). Cook them in a steamer for around 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut the onion and garlic into slices. Cook them in a saucepan with salt (you can add oil).
- Clean and slice the mushroom. Add them to the onions and garlic.
- Once the water from the mushroom evaporates, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of flour and mix well.
- Pour the milk little by little and keep stirring. (you can add more milk if you want a more fluid sauce).
- Season to taste with: Himalayan salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
ASSEMBLE & BAKE
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a glass ovenware dish pour and spread around 2 or 3 tbsp of sauce on the base.
- Put one layer of potatoes slices, pour more sauce and vegan cheese. Continue until you finish with the potatoes. Then, cover the glass ovenware dish with grease-proof or baking non-stick paper.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle vegan cheese on top. Without covering the dish, cook for another 10 or 15 minutes (or until the potatoes are soft and the cheese melted and golden).
I don't cook with aluminum foil, but if you wish you can use it to cover the glass ovenware dish for baking.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 487Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 6mgSodium 167mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 6gSugar 12gProtein 13g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.