POTATO SALAD (Russian Potato Salad)
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with Roasted broccoli.
- 600 gr. of Potatoes.
- 500 gr. of Frozen green/garden peas, sweet corn, carrots, and beans*.
- 400 gr. of Chickpeas (1 tin/can).
- 3 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- 2 Tbsp. of Vegan mayonnaise.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 1 Pinch of Ground black pepper.
- Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes in cubes of around 1cm. Place them on one of the steam levels.
- On a second-tier place the frozen vegetables and spread them well. If you have a large chunk of frozen veggies, don't worry they will cook just fine.
- Cook all the vegetables in a steamer for around 25 minutes. Check-in now and then as cooking times can vary depending on your steamer and you don't want to overcook them, especially potatoes.
- While the veggies are getting cooked, open a can of chickpeas, rinse them and place them in a glass salad bowl.
- With the help of a fork, prepare a chunky chickpea mash. I use this as a replacement for hard-boiled eggs.
- When the vegetables are cooked to your taste you can cool them down with water (optional) and then place them in the salad bowl together with the mashed chickpeas.
- Season to taste with: olive oil, vegan mayo, Himalayan salt, and black pepper.
- You can serve this dish as a side, together with vegan burgers, or as an appetizer.
*I choose frozen vegetables, but if you prefer or have fresh ones the cooking time can vary. Cooking times for fresh produce are likely to be less than frozen ones.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 617Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 0mgSodium 300mgCarbohydrates 99gFiber 21gSugar 21gProtein 23g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.