Potato salad (Russian Potato Salad)
If you wonder how to make the easiest potato salad recipe you are for a treat here! This vegan potato salad is super simple and quick to make with really cheap and easy to find ingredients.
- 600 gr. Potatoes.
- 500 gr. Frozen grean peas, sweet corn, carrots and beans*.
- 400 gr. Chickpeas (1 tin).
- Olive oil.
- Vegan mayonnaise.
- Himalayan salt.
- Ground black pepper.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes in cubes of around 1cm. Place them on one of the steam levels.
- On a second tier place the frozen vegetables and spread them well. If you have large chunck of frozen veggies, don't worry they will cook just fine.
- Cook all the vegetables in a steamer for around 25 minutes. Check in every now and then as cooking times can vary depending on your steamer and you don't want to overcook them, especially potatoes.
- While the veggies are getting cooked, open a a can of chickpeas, rinse them and place them in a glass salad bowl.
- With the help of a fork, prepare a chuncky chickpea mash. I use this as a replacement for hard boiled eggs.
- When the vegetables are cooked to your taste you can cool them down with water (optional) and then place them in the salad bowl together with the mashed chickpeas.
- Season to taste with: olive oil, vegan mayo, himalayan salt and black pepper.
- You can serve this dish as: a side, together with vegan burgers or as an appetizer.
*I choose frozen vegetables, but if you prefer or have fresh ones the cooking time can vary. Cooking times for fresh produce is likely to be less than frozen ones.