BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CARROT FRITTERS
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with Tomato, mushroom, and avocado salad.
- 400 gr. of Butternut squash.
- 1 Carrot
- 1 White onion.
- 125 gr. of Chickpeas flour.
- 240 ml. of Water
- ½ Cup of Plant-based milk.
- 5 Tbsp. of Self-raising flour.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan salt.
- ½ Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- ½ Tsp. of Ground nutmeg.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
- Peel the Butternut squash and the carrot (optional) and then grate them.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Put the onion, the grated butternut squash, and carrot in a bowl.
- To prepare the chickpeas mix, put the chickpeas flour in a different bowl, add the water and mix well.
- Add the mix to the vegetables and integrate them well.
- Then add the self-rising flour and mix well.
- Season to taste with Himalayan salt, garlic powder, and ground nutmeg.
- In a roasting pan with grease-proof or baking non-stick paper (with the help of a spoon) pour the mix forming cakes or burgers.
- Cook in the oven for approx. 25 minutes (if you make burgers the cooking time will increase, also depending on your oven).
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 5mgSodium 259mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 7gSugar 8gProtein 10g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Delicious, creamy, and smooth red lentil hummus is a variation from the traditional chickpea hummus. Enjoy this vegan dip with veggies and as a spread too.