FRESH TOMATO SALSA
HERBS AND SPICES FOR TOMATO SALSA
This super fresh tomato salsa is ideal not only for the summer days but throughout the whole year. Indeed, this quick and easy recipe is great for many recipes; such as sandwiches, wraps, or snacking with nachos. In addition to the seasoning used here, you can include more other fresh or dried herbs: for example chopped chives. Furthermore, if you want to make this salsa more spicy and hot, you can add or sprinkle some chili powder. Check the list below for more seasoning ideas.
- Black pepper.
- White pepper.
- Chili flakes.
EXTRA INGREDIENTS FOR TOMATO SALSA
Although the star ingredient for this recipe is the fresh tomato, you can also incorporate other tasty vegetables to enhance this lovely salsa. As a result, you will be able to add other ingredients that love.
- Spring onions.
- Peppers: red, yellow or green.
- Chopped chili.
- Jalapeno pepper.
- Red onion.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this delicious recipe with Avocado and spinach on toast.
- 2 Medium fresh tomatoes.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- ½ Tsp. of Dried oregano.
- ½ Tsp. of Parsley.
- ½ Tsp. of Sweet paprika powder.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 1 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- Wash well the fresh tomatoes, remove the seeds and skin (optional), and cut them in big chunks.
- Put the tomatoes and all the rest of the ingredients in the blender or in a bowl if you are using a hand blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a nice smooth soft texture.
- From time to time you might need to stop and check for lumps.
- Once finished the tomato salsa, place it in a container with a lid and keep refrigerated.
I used a blender first, but it took me longer to blend the ingredients. A hand blender, in my experience, is a lot better for this recipe and a lot quicker.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 87Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 56mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.