POTATO SOUP WITH CHEESE
HERBS & SPICES FOR SOUP
We all have our preferences to season our soup, which herbs and spices we love, and also if we prefer to use them fresh or dried. Also, if you are enjoying this yummy potato soup recipe with friends and family, everyone can try and mix their choice of additional herbs and each serving will be unique!
In addition to the ingredients to season this easy-to-make potato soup, here you will find a list with some ideas of seasoning that classically goes well with potato cheese recipes; for example, rosemary. Furthermore, you can try other spices and mix them to get new exciting combinations!
- Dried oregano.
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
- Bay leaf.
- Black pepper.
- Ground nutmeg.
- Spring onions.
WHAT POTATOES ARE BEST FOR SOUP?
POTATOES FOR MASH
To prepare this warm and yummy soup, you will need to use good-quality potatoes. For instance, try to avoid buying potatoes that have green patches or sprouts. However, if you already have potatoes with those characteristics try to remove/cut the green areas and the sprouts. Also, if you want to avoid or prevent this to happen, then place your potatoes in storage with no contact with sunlight.
In addition, the ideal potatoes for any creamy soup recipe would be the ones you normally know or use for mashed potatoes. Check the photo below and you will see the white potatoes I used for this winter vegan soup recipe.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe together with Super green salad.
Creamy cheese potato soup recipe
Delicious and comforting vegan potato soup ideal for the cold days as a starter or as main. You can also enjoy this recipe together with toasted bread.
- 600 ml. of Water.
- 200 ml. of Plant-based milk.
- 1 Tbsp. of Vegetable vegan Bouillon powder.
- 1 White onion.
- 650 gr. of Potatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves.
- ¼ Tsp. of Sea salt.
- 60 gr. of Vegan grated cheese of your choice.
- 1 Tbsp. of Nutritional yeast.
- 1 Tsp. of Dried parsley.
- Pour 600 ml. of water and 200 ml. of plant basedplant-based milk in a cooking pot/saucepan.
- Add 1 tbsp of vegetable vegan Bouillon powder, peel the three garlic cloves and stir well.
- Peel and diced 1 onion. Next, peel and cut the potatoes. Add them to the cooking pot and place itthem on the hob at medium heat.
- Cook for around 30 minutes or until the vegetables get soft.
- Remove the cooking pot from the hob and blend the soup with a blender or a hand blender until you get a homogeneous consistency.
- Finally, place the cooking pot on the hob again and add the vegan cheese of your choice. Stir well until the cheese melts and integrates evenly.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 19mgSodium 964mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 11g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.