ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with a fresh super green salad.
- 1 Medium butternut squash (around 800gr.).
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 2 Tsp. of Dried parsley (or fresh).
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive oil*.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C degrees (400 °F approx.)**.
- Clean and peel (optional) the butternut squash then cut it into slices of around 1 cm or less and remove all the seeds.
- Peel and chop 2 garlic cloves and place them in a small bowl. Add dried parsley (if you prefer fresh wash it well and chop). Pour around 2 tbsp of olive oil and mix well.
- In a glass ovenware dish spread olive oil and then place one layer of butternut squash. With a teaspoon spread some of the garlic and parsley mixture on top of each butternut squash slice.
- Repeat step 4 until you run out of butternut squash slices.
- Place the glassware dish in the center of the oven and cook for around 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn them if necessary and cook for another 15 minutes.
- You can check with a fork if the butternut squash is cooked and tender.
- Once is cooked to your taste you can salt them and serve them.
* If you want to have an oil-free option, you can replace the olive oil with maple syrup.
** I have a fan oven, cooking times can vary if you have a different oven.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.