POTATO IN TOMATO & SPINACH SAUCE
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with vegan parmesan cheese.
Potato in tomato & spinach sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Steamer: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Delicious, comforting, warm, and filling potato recipe ideal as a side dish. This healthy vegan recipe is also oil and gluten-free.
- 600 gr. Potatoes.
Tomato & spinach sauce
- 2 White onions.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 2 Spring onions.
- 4 Tbsp. of Water.
- 120 gr. of Frozen spinach.
- 400 ml. of Passata.
- ¼ Tsp. of Sodium bicarbonate.
- 2 Tbsp. of Wine.
- 1 Tsp. of Paprika.
- ½ Tsp. of Dried oregano.
- 1 Tsp. of Dried parsley.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan salt.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into chunks.
- Cook them in a steamer for 20 minutes (you can boil them too).
Tomato & spinach sauce
- Peel and dice the onions and spring onions. Cook them in a saucepan with salt and 4 tbsp of water for around 5 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Peel and dice the garlic cloves and add them to the onions. Stir well.
- Add the frozen spinach (can be fresh too). Stir and mix well.
- Pour 400 ml. of passata and add ¼ tsp of sodium bicarbonate and 1 tbsp of wine of your choice (I normally use red wine). Stir well.
- Season to taste with: paprika, dried oregano, dried parsley, and Himalayan salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked for 20 minutes, add the to the sauce and cook together for around 5 to 10 minutes or until they are tender to your liking.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 6g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
VEGAN MUSHROOM BOURGUIGNON WITH POTATO CAULIFLOWER MASH
Warm, filling, and comforting vegan mushroom bourguignon with potato cauliflower mash made of delicious and healthy ingredients. Enjoy this hearty meal today!
SAUSAGE AND MASH PIE RECIPE
Warm and cozy sausage pie with mashed potatoes. This is a great recipe to prepare with sausages and mushrooms in a creamy bechamel sauce.
BROCCOLI SOUP WITH ALMONDS
This broccoli soup healthy recipe is super easy to make with simple-to-find ingredients. Here you will find a step-by-step how to make homemade broccoli soup.
VEGETABLE RICE SOUP
This is a great vegetable rice soup vegan recipe that you can make in just one pot with simple, easy-to-find and affordable vegan ingredients. For me, winter means that I enjoy a huge variety of new and classic soups that will fill me up with…