VEGAN PEPAS COOKIES
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with Blackberry jam.
Vegan pepas cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
REST DOUGH IN FRIDGE: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Delicious homemade vegan cookie, soft and chewy. This vegan pepas cookies recipe is easy to prepare with basic ingredients and is great to make with the little ones. I also love to try them with quince jam and they taste great! This can be easily replaced with any other jam that you like!
- 100 gr. of Vegan butter or margarine.
- 120 gr. of Sugar.
- 1 Tsp. of Orange or lemon zest.
- 1 Tbsp. of Apple cider vinegar.
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla extract.
- 220 gr. of Self-raising flour.
- 1 Pinch of Salt.
- 100 gr. of Quince or strawberry jam.
- 2 Tbsp. of Water.
- Cut the butter into pieces and put them in a bowl. Leave it out of the fridge for a few minutes, to soften it.
- Add the sugar and integrate well with the help of a fork.
- Wash and dry the orange or lemon and then grate it.
- Add the zest, 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a bowl, sieve the flour and then add a pinch of salt.
- Add the flour little by little and integrate well (you might need to use your hands at the end). When you get the cookie dough cover with a clean film or table cloth and refrigerate for around 30 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is in the fridge, cut the quince jam. Place the jam in a cooking pot with 2 tbsp of water and with a fork integrate well. Cook for a couple of minutes. If the jam you are using has a fluid consistency you can skip this step.
- Remove the cookie dough mix from the fridge, and pre-heat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
- Put some flour on the kitchen worktop and spread half the dough with a rolling pin. Then cut your cookies in any shape you want (I used a round cookie cutter). Then on top of each cookie add 1 tsp of jam.
- In an oven tray with grease-proof or non-stick baking paper (you can also spread some oil and sprinkle flour), place your cookies and cook them in the oven for around 12 minutes or until they are golden.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 523Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 54mgSodium 854mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 2gSugar 33gProtein 6g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
LEMON YOGURT CAKE
Yummy and made of simple ingredients this lemon yogurt cake it's easy to prepare. Great to enjoy for breakfast or as a dessert with a cup of tea or coffee.
ROASTED GARLIC IN OVEN
Delicious, simple, and super easy to make this roasted garlic recipe. This is a great recipe to enjoy with many dishes, also you can eat it as a paste or spread.
Delicious & healthy broccoli soup recipe! This vegan veggie soup is super easy to make with simple-to-find ingredients. Also, this soup is dairy & gluten-free.
HOMEMADE GARLIC POWDER
How to make homemade garlic powder? Here you can find an easy and simple to make using an oven. Enjoy this aromatic garlic powder in soups, stews, sauces, etc.