ROASTED BROCCOLI IN OVEN RECIPE
SPICES & MORE FOR ROASTED BROCCOLI
The seasoning for this recipe is quite simple and perfect for this dish. Moreover, a great mix of salt and curry make this recipe not only delicious but unique and tempting with the amazing aromas from the curry that match really well with the healthy roasted broccoli.
In addition to this simple seasoning, you can include other herbs and spices to personalize this yummy and warm dish; for example, white pepper. Also, don’t forget about pepper in particular the classic black pepper, as is a great combination with broccoli. Furthermore, get inspired by the list of ingredients below!
- Black pepper.
- Ground Cumin.
- Onion powder.
- Lemon zest.
- Gharam masala.
- Ginger powder.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI?
In addition to the amazing aromatic and tasty spices that you can season this great side dish, you can also add other ingredients that go really nicely with the roasted broccoli.
Equally important, if you want to make this recipe an oil-free dish, you can replace the olive oil with other ingredients, such as maple syrup. As a result, you can also create a delicious bittersweet roasted broccoli dish.
In the same way as the spices list, you saw before, check the following ingredients to add more flavors to this recipe:
- Vegan cheese.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Maple syrup.
- Lemon juice.
- Nutritional yeast.
- Chopped spring onions.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Easy vegan fritters.
- Furthermore, you can also dip this lovely roasted broccoli with cheddar cheese sauce – gluten-free.
Roasted broccoli in oven recipe
Delicious side dish with super healthy roasted broccoli and garlic as the stars of this dish. Follow the easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions for this quick and nutritious vegan recipe.
- 450 gr. of Broccoli*.
- 3 Garlic cloves.
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- ½ Lime.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan or sea salt.
- ½ Tsp. of Curry powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
- If you are using frozen broccoli, defrost them. You can: place them in a bowl with warm water for a few minutes or use a microwave. As I don't cook with a microwave I defrost the broccoli in water.
- While the broccoli is getting defrosted, peel and diced the garlic cloves.
- In a small bowl, add the chopped garlic, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil or oil of your choice, juice from ½ lime, salt, and curry powder. Mix well.
- In a baking/ oven tray place a non-stick baking paper (optional). Add the broccoli florets and spread them evenly, then season them with the garlic mixture.
- Cook the broccoli for around 15 to 20 minutes (cooking times can vary depending on your oven) or until is cooked to your taste (more soft or crispy).
- Lastly, with a help of a spoon or cooking tongs, place the roasted broccoli on a serving plate.
*I used frozen broccoli for this recipe. If you have fresh broccoli skip the defrosting step.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 141Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 838mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 6gSugar 2gProtein 4g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.