ASPARAGUS CREAM SAUCE
To prepare this super yummy pasta dish with asparagus, I used fresh green produce as I love to cook with fresh ingredients when they are in season.
Another option if you want to enjoy this lovely recipe when asparagus is not in season is to cook with canned asparagus. In this case, you might be more likely to find green as well as white asparagus.
The advantage of cooking this recipe with canned asparagus will be that you can speed up the cooking time as it won’t be necessary to cook them. Therefore, you can just prepare and cook the onion and garlic, then just blend them. Additionally, remember to wash and rinse well the canned asparagus to reduce the salt content.
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS & SEASONINGS FOR ASPARAGUS
Asparagus is delicious as just as they are with their unique flavor. But even so, sometimes seasoning them can be tricky depending on the seasoning and the quantity you choose as you can easily overdo it. As a result, could be no asparagus flavor at all, which is a shame. For me, simple is the best.
So, if you want further ideas on what other ingredients you can use to prepare your asparagus pasta check the list below:
- Olive oil.
- Vegan butter or margarine.
- White wine.
- Soy sauce.
- Chili or red pepper flakes.
- White pepper.
- Spring onions.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- You can also prepare this creamy sauce using Vegan soft cream cheese.
- 250 gr. of Dried spaghettis.
- 1 liter of water.
- 1 Pinch of Salt.
- 260 gr. of Asparagus.
- 1 Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt or sea salt.
- 2 Tbsp. of Water.
- 200 ml. of Can coconut milk/cream.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper.
- 1 Tsp. of Nutritional yeast.
- Put to boil 1 liter of water in a cooking pot and add a pinch of salt (it can be sea or Himalayan salt).
- When the water is boiling add the pasta of your choice (I used spaghetti) and stir well. Stir from time to time (follow the instructions on the package).
- Cook for around 15 minutes or until the pasta is done (this can vary depending on the pasta you choose).
- Peel and dice the onion and the garlic clove. Then, place them in a cooking pot and cook at medium heat with salt and 2 tbsp of water.
- Wash and cut the stalk (tough) end from the asparagus. Then, cut the asparagus into small pieces (around 1cm.). You have two options to cook the asparagus, for example: together with the onion and garlic clove or you can cook them in a steamer for around 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the ingredients are cooked and they are soft, place them in a blender. Blend all the veggies until you get a homogeneous consistency. You can add 2 tbsp of the coconut milk/cream to the blender.
- When you have the desired consistency pour the asparagus cream into the cooking pot and add the rest of the coconut milk. Mix well.
- Cook this delicious cream for around 10 minutes more.
- Season to taste with: salt, black pepper, and nutritional yeast.
- You can serve the cooked pasta on each plate then pour the Asparagus cream, or you can add the pasta to the cooking pot and mix it with the sauce, then serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 11mgSodium 313mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 9g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
If you like to try pasta sauces with yummy and nutritious veggies, try: