Sausage in tomato sauce with provencal potatoes
Sausages and potatoes are always an easy and excellent recipe to enjoy at any time of the year. This vegan recipe is made of simple ingredients, quick and a delicious vegan meal idea.
- 1 Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 2 tbsp. Water.
- 4 Vegan sausages.
- 200 ml. Passata.
- ¼ tsp. Sodium bicarbonate.
- 1 tbsp. Red wine.
- Himalayan salt.
- 3 Medium potatoes.
- Olive oil.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- Peel and diced the onion and garlic cloves. Cook them in a pan for a few minutes with a salt and 2 tbsp of water (if you prefer you can cook them with oil).
- Add the sausages to the pan and cook together. Stir from time to time.
- Once the sausages are cooked, pour the passata. Add ¼ tsp of sodium bicarbonate, mix well and pour 1 tbsp of red wine.
- Season to taste with: paprika, oregano, parsley, himalayan salt and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Wash, peel and diced the potatoes. Cook them in a steamer for around 20 minutes (you can boil them too).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain any excess water and place them in a salad bowl.
- Season to taste with: olive oil, fresh or dried parsley, chopped garlic cloves and himalayan salt.
- Serve 2 sausages per plate with the sauce and add the potatoes next to them.
I love to make my potatoes just with parsley and garlic, keep it quick and simple, but you can add more herbs of your choice!