THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, if you have left overs from this recipe Mashed potatoes with broccoli, you can prepare this yummy and healthy gnocchi.
- 400 gr. of Mashed potatoes (leftovers).
- 100 gr. of Flour.
- 1 liter of Boling water.
- 1 Pinch of salt.
Tomato of sauce.
- 1 Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 2 Tbsp. of Water.
- 300 ml. of Passata.
- ¼ Tsp. of Sodium bicarbonate.
- 1 Tbsp. of Wine of your choice.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- ½ Tsp. of Paprika.
- ½ Tsp. of Dried parsley.
- Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl and add little by little the flour to check how much is absorbed. You might need more o less 100 gr. of flour as this would vary depending on your mashed potatoes. Integrate well and you should get a soft dough, not sticky.
- Sprinkle some flour on a chopping board/worktop. Take a handful of the gnocchi dough and place it on a chopping board or worktop, then shape into long "sausages". With a knife cut it into small pieces of around 1 or 2 cm.
- Then place them on a tray with flour. If you want to give them the traditional gnocchi shape, you can roll them on a fork or a gnocchi paddle.
- Cook in boiling water (with a pinch of salt). When the gnocchi starts to float that means they are cooked, this should take just a few minutes (2-4).
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic clove and cook in a saucepan with Himalayan salt and water.
- When the onion starts to get soften, pour the passata, ¼ tsp of sodium bicarbonate, and 1 tbsp of wine. Mix well.
- Season to taste with: Himalayan salt, paprika, and parsley. Cook for around 10 minutes and stir from time to time.
- Place the cooked gnocchi in the tomato sauce, stir well and cook for around 5 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 439Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 2mgSodium 805mgCarbohydrates 78gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 10g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
This vegan puchero recipe is simple and hearty. With simple ingredients, gluten-free, and easy to make, this vegetable stew is delicious and full of flavors.