CHILI NON CARNE
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with Tomato bruschetta.
- 1 Cup of Basmati rice.
- 2 Cups of Water.
- 2 medium onions.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- Olive oil or vegetable broth/water.
- 2 Meatless burgers.
- 70 gr. of Mushrooms.
- 1 medium carrot.
- 1 Tin/can of Red kidney beans.
- 1 Tin/can of Chopped tomatoes.
- ½ Tsp. of Sodium bicarbonate.
- 1 Tbsp. of Red wine.
- 1 Tbsp. of Mustard sauce.
- ½ Tsp. of Paprika.
- ½ Tsp. of Tumeric
- ½ Tsp. of Ground ginger.
- 1 Tsp. of Chilli flakes or chilli powder.
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 1 Tsp. of Liquid smoke (optional).
- Wash the Basmati rice under running cold water until water runs clear. Also, you can rinse the rice around 3 or 4 times. Soak the rice for around 20 minutes or more (if you have time to spare or prepare this part in advance, the longer you soak the rice the better).
- After 20 minutes, cook the rice with 2 cups of water.
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic cloves. Cook them in a pan at medium heat with salt, olive oil or vegetable broth/water for an oil-free option.
- Add the burgers. With a spoon or a fork disassemble the hamburgers little by little. Cook them together.
- Clean and cut the mushrooms. Peel and grate the carrot. Add them to the pan together with the red kidney beans. Stir well.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes and add ¼ tsp of sodium bicarbonate mix well and pour 1 tbsp of red wine. * If you want to add red peppers or fresh red chilli you can add them and cook them now and then pour the chopped tomatoes.
- Season to taste with: 1 tbsp of mustard sauce, paprika, turmeric, ground ginger, chilli flakes or chilli powder, Himalayan salt and liquid smoke (optional). Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
- Place the rice on a plate (I normally use soup plates or bowls), and pour the chilli sauce on top.
*Traditionally this recipe has red pepper. As I'm not a big fan of peppers I didn't include them in this recipe but you are more than welcome to add them if you like them!
Also if you want to make this recipe more spicy and hot add 1 or 2 red chilies.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 465Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 64mgSodium 640mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 24g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.