BREAD PUDDING EASY RECIPE
BREAD PUDDING TOPPING
This vegan bread pudding recipe is a blank canvas where you can be creative and add more flavors! Therefore, if you want more inspiration on what to add to this delicious vegan dessert that you can enjoy with family and friends, check the list below:
- Chocolate chips.
- Glazed cherries.
- Dried coconut.
- Dried fruits, for example, walnuts.
- Custard cream.
- Ice cream (such as vanilla).
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Also, try this recipe with homemade blackberry jam.
Bread pudding easy recipe
This bread-based dessert is great to prepare with leftover bread that otherwise might go to waste. So how to make bread pudding? Just follow the easy step-by-step instructions and enjoy!
- 200 gr. of Sugar.
- 200 gr. of Leftover bread (bread of your choice).
- 600 ml. of Plant-based milk*.
- 1 Tbsp. of Vanilla extract.
- 200 gr. of Sugar.
- ¼ Cup of Self-raising flour.
- Place a pan at medium to low heat and pour 200 gr. of sugar. Cook until starts to get a light golden color and a fluid consistency. Do not stir or mix.
- Pour the caramel on a loaf tin and spread the caramel on the tin surface by rotating the tin. Let the caramel cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (356 °F approx.).
- Cut your bread in chunks** and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour 600ml. of plant-based milk and integrate well. Let the bread soak in the milk for a few minutes.
- Then add 1 tbsp of vanilla extract, 200gr. of sugar and mix well.
- Sieve the flour and add it to the bread pudding mixture. Integrate well.
- Pour the mix into the loaf tin and place it in the center of the oven.
- Cook for around 45 minutes or until is cooked.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and cover it with a plate. Grab the plate and the loaf tin together with a tea cloth/towel and invert. Be really careful with the hot caramel.
- Tap the bottom of the loaf tin if necessary and then remove the tin.
*I used oats milk for this recipe, but you can use the plant-based milk of your choice such as almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk, etc.
**Trimming the edges of the bread is optional.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 206mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 1gSugar 55gProtein 5g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.