This homemade vanilla pudding recipe is easy to make with just a few vegan ingredients. You can prepare this vegan vanilla pudding recipe for many occasions; such as birthdays, family gatherings, Christmas, new year, and any celebration.
Even though this is an adaptation of a classic creamy pudding flavored with vanilla extract, you can also try other flavors. In fact, you can try dark chocolate pudding or vegan white chocolate. If you do, let us know in the comments section how the result was.
VANILLA PUDDING INGREDIENTS
The classic vanilla pudding has animal product ingredients; such as cow milk, eggs, and butter. In order to prepare this dairy-free pudding recipe you will need plant milk; for example, I used oat milk as I love the consistency and its flavor. However, nowadays you have many more dairy-free milk options that you can choose from.
- Soy milk.
- Almond milk.
- Full-fat coconut milk (canned/tinned).
- Coconut cream.
- Cashew milk.
- Rice milk.
- Hazelnut milk.
When choosing the plant milk you want to use to make vegan vanilla pudding bare in mind the flavor of your dairy-free vanilla pudding recipe may vary as some of the plant milk has a more robust flavor; such as hazelnut milk.
Regarding the sweetener of this vegan pudding recipe, you can also have the option to choose a sweetener that is best for you, a few options are listed below.
- Organic sugar.
- Cane sugar.
- Maple syrup.
- Coconut sugar.
- Demerara sugar.
- Liquid sweetener.
VANILLA PUDDING TOPPINGS
Although this non-dairy vegan vanilla pudding recipe is delicious just as it is, when you serve this vegan dessert cuisine you can add toppings too. Furthermore, you don’t have to use only one topping; such as fresh strawberries, you can also mix more than one. If you are serving this homemade vanilla pudding at a party you can let your guests choose how they want to personalize their vegan vanilla pudding.
- Fresh berries.
- Fresh blueberries.
- Vegan white chocolate and/or dark chocolate chips.
- Banana slices.
- Fresh fruits of your choice.
- Lemon zest.
- Vanilla wafers.
- Crushed cookies.
- Vegan whipped cream.
THIS VANILLA PUDDING RECIPE GOES WELL WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Also, try this delicious vegan vanilla pudding with Blackberry jam.
- 750 ml. of Oat milk.
- 1 Tbsp. of Vanilla extract.
- 4 Tbsp. of Sugar.
- 4 Tbsp. of Corn starch.
- In a medium saucepan pour 750 ml. of oat milk and 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract (or vanilla bean) and stir well.
- Place the saucepan on the stove at medium heat.
- Then add 4 tbsp. of sugar of your choose and 4 tbsp. of corn starch and whisk constantly until your vegan pudding gets a thick pudding consistency. It's important to whisk continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Once your vegan vanilla pudding gets this classic thick consistency remove from the medium heat and whisk continuously until your pudding cool down.
- With the finished pudding you can place it in one container or small individual containers and then cover them with a plastic wrap. Otherwise, you can use an airtight container.
- Place your vegan vanilla pudding recipe in the fridge.
- Serve this lovely vegan vanilla pudding together with any other delicious plant based meals.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 128Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 1g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.