ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH ONIONS
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SEASONING
It’s all about taste! I love this recipe with butternut squash and onion combination, as cooking these 2 ingredients together enhances the butternut squash flavor and is truly delicious. Also, this is not only a yummy recipe, it’s nutritious and affordable too!
Moreover, if you like to try a different mix of herbs and spices for this simple and aromatic recipe, check the list below to inspire you:
- Smoke paprika.
- Curry powder.
- Chilli flakes.
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
- Furthermore, try this recipe together with Super green salad.
Roasted butternut squash with onions
This butternut squash with onions, garlic, olive oil, and herbs is super easy and simple to make. Enjoy this delicious vegan recipe as a side dish or as a starter too!
- 850 gr. of Butternut squash.
- 2 White onions.
- 12 Garlic cloves.
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- ½ Tsp. of Garlic powder.
- ½ Tsp. of Parsley.
- ½ Tsp. of Oregano.
- ¼ Tsp. of Himalayan or sea salt.
- 1 Pinch of Black pepper (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C degrees (392 °F approx.).
- Wash and peel the butternut squash. Then cut it into slices of around 1 cm.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- In the glass dish/ovenware spread olive oil and place the butternut squash slices. Season with garlic powder.
- Then, place the onion slices on top of the butternut squash, pour some olive oil, and season with: parsley, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the garlic cloves between the butternut squash slices.
- Cover the glass dish with baking paper or aluminum foil.
- Place the glass dish in the oven and cook for around 45 to 50 minutes or until the vegetables get soften.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 593mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 8gSugar 7gProtein 3g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.