- 60 gr. of Cashew nuts.
- 8 Dates.
- 50 gr. of Pumpkin seeds.
- 2 Tbsp. of Maple syrup.
- 2 Pots of Vegan yogurt (flavor of your choice).
- 1 Pots of Yogurt pot of sugar.
- 16 Tbsp. of Sugar.
- 150 ml. of Water.
- 1 Tbsp. of Vanilla extract.
- 200 ml. of Aquafaba (water of 1 tin of chickpeas).
- 1 Pinch of salt.
- 3 gr. Agar agar or vege gel (optional).
- 50 gr. Blackberry jam.
- Soak the cashew nut for around 2hr or for 10 minutes with boiling water.
- Soak the dates in water for around 10 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender add 60gr. of cashew nuts (drained), 8 dates (drained), 50gr of pumpkin seeds, and 2 tbsp. of maple syrup.
- Blend for a couple of minutes and check the consistency. From time to time you might need to stop and scrap down the sides of the blender and check for lumps.
- Once the crust for the cheesecake is to your taste is ready to use.
- Cover the base and the sides of a cake tin with grease-proof or non-stick baking paper*.
- Pour the base mix into the cake tin and spread evenly. Press firmly.
- Leave in the fridge while you continue with the filling.
- In a mixer, pour aquafaba and add a pinch of salt. Mix on medium speed with an electric (preferable). Whisk the ingredients until they get fluffy clouds and soft peaks.
- In the meantime, put a pan at medium heat with water and sugar (no need to mix). When you see thicker bubbles remove them from the stove.
- Pour this syrup little by little into the aquafaba and mix really well.
- In a bowl mix 2 pots of yogurt, 1 pot of sugar (to messure this use the yogurt pot), and vanilla extract.
- Pour the aquafaba mix into the yogurt and integrate well.
- Prepare the agar agar (I use vege gel) according to the package directions and pour in the filling. Mix and integrate well.
- Then pour the filling into the cake tin. Put it in the freezer and let set for around 4hr. (or until it's solid).
- Once the cake is settled and you are going to serve it**, pour the jam on top. I used homemade blackberry jam.
* You can use aluminun foil, plastic food wrap, or cling film too.
** Once you finish serving the cake, remember to take it back to the fridge or freezer, especially on a really hot day.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 3mgSodium 99mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 40gProtein 5g
The Nutritional values presented on this table are only estimates. The values can also vary depending on the cooking method, ingredients, product brands etc. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.